Wednesday, January 5, 2011

new lights - sculptures

Well, no one else makes them like this.
I decided it was time to get creative again (easier to do when there is no order back-log) and I started designing new lights that really are sculptures. The first one, which is about 3 inches (7.5 cm) tall, is the subject of the photos. The drawback to the lights is that they are extremely hard to photograph and successfully convey how they look “live“. The bottom of the base is illuminated.

here it is beside one of my Morris chairs - for scale - with additional light
rotated 180 degrees

turned 90 degrees (more or less)

other end, from a higher angle.

4 comments:

  1. In such cases where an object simply won't photograph realistically then an enhanced to photo realistic image is acceptable. It is not a lie or a falsehood if that is how it looks when viewing it live. This is done all the time for magazine advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspirational, Peter! Your light sculptures remind me of a piece I saw in a museum (MFA Boston, I think?).

    I love your work! (and I want to see more!)

    ReplyDelete

questions, comments?