Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My LED lights with batteries - first conversions

At teh Chicago show I was asked if I could make my LED lights work off batteries. Naturally I said yes and then had to come home and figure out how I was actually going to do it. My first effort turned out quite well I think. I was asked to convert one of my sconces, so the first thing I did was figure out what size battery I could hide behind it. A CR2032 3 volt button battery fit the space available. I then added some thickness to the sconce sides to largely conceal the battery and on/off switch. I added some magnets - very small magnets to the back and supplied a piece of self adhesive metal strip to go on the wall - and presto chango (and 3 hours of work) later. a battery powered sconce. My battery life test indicates that one can expect at least 3 - 4 days constant running (72 -96 hours) for the battery which I think is pretty good. The photo on the other hand is bad, but will have to do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

questions, comments?