Friday, September 23, 2011

getting the drop on a space problem


First - please excuse the bad pun.

One of my clients had a problem; she had a small room box but wanted quite a variety of furniture in it, including a dining table and some chairs. I suggested a couple of stackable chairs and a drop leaf table. The table is quite small when closed and against a wall - just about 20 scale inches (50 cm) deep and 24 (60 cm)wide, but opened fully it is 68 inches (173 cm) long.
The brass circles are the ends of rods I used to peg the cross piece joint. I thought they and a nice contrast to the rich wood colour.

I only have one swing out support - hey it's my design and this keeps it lighter looking.

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to make a sewing table with a drop leaf. I like this one. Would you mind showing a close up of how you made the support?
    I'm stumped here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a table like yours but 1:1. Your mini table is great!

    ReplyDelete

questions, comments?